Two men face attempted murder charges after Forssa attack
Tuesday 18th August 2026 on 10:45 in
Finland
Two men who were 18 and 21 at the time are facing charges of attempting to kill a 15-year-old boy in Forssa in December 2025, Yle reports. The case is being heard on Tuesday at the Kanta-Häme District Court in Hämeenlinna.
According to the indictment, one man held the boy in a restraining embrace while the other stabbed him three times. The victim suffered wounds and internal injuries.
Both men deny the attempted murder charges. The man accused of using the knife admits causing the boy’s injuries but says he did not intend to kill him. He also says the other man was lying on the ground rather than holding the victim during the stabbing.
The second man admits being at the scene but says he was lying on the ground after being struck. The indictment states that he told investigators there had been a disagreement with foreigners and that he was carrying an aluminium pipe.
The prosecutor says the attempt failed for a random reason: the 15-year-old received medical treatment quickly, and the blows to his torso did not damage vital internal organs. The prosecutor is seeking at least four years in prison for both men. The victim is seeking nearly 30,000 euros in compensation.
Police say violence followed argument
Police have previously said the incident began with a verbal dispute between two groups on the evening of December 8. The groups initially went in different directions but encountered each other again at another location, after which the defendants attacked the minor who was with one of the groups.
The victim managed to flee to the grounds of a nearby school and was taken to hospital.