Finnish defence forces say Baltic drone incidents have no current impact on Finland
Finland’s Defence Forces say the recent drone incidents in the Baltic states are not currently affecting Finland or its readiness levels, according to a report by Yle.
A drone, believed to have been launched by Ukraine against Russia, was shot down in southern Estonia on Tuesday. A separate drone was also detected in Latvian airspace the same day.
When Yle asked the Defence Forces whether the Baltic incidents had any implications for Finland and whether readiness would be raised in response, the military said the situation is being monitored continuously.
“We are prepared to react if changes occur in Finland’s security situation. Any exceptional activity or serious situations will be communicated separately,” the Defence Forces said.
The Defence Forces also noted that readiness had already been heightened prior to the incidents, and that this elevated readiness with regard to drones will continue.