Pori says Nordman and Kallio campaign succeeded
Thursday 20th August 2026 on 13:45 in
Finland
Pori says its Porittajat advertising campaign, starring actor Joonas Nordman and radio host Juuso “Köpi” Kallio, has met its goal of increasing the city’s visibility and appeal among young adults, students and working-age people, Yle reports.
The campaign features Nordman and Kallio playing questionable consultants who try to attract new residents to Pori through dubious methods in short social media videos.
According to communications director Minna Heikkilä, the content has generated more than four million views on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube combined. Pori also launched a TikTok channel for the campaign, which now has more than 3,000 followers.
The city allocated 80,000 euros to the campaign and says that amount has not been exceeded. However, the total cost is higher because staff from the communications and brand unit contributed to the productions. Heikkilä estimates the value of that work at no more than 10,000 euros.
Pori commissioned the campaign from Nordman and Kallio without a competitive tender. City manager Lauri Inna previously told Yle that the decision was based on the performers’ expertise, visibility and unique concept, as well as their Pori background and their public association with the city and its humour.
The campaign will continue on social media and through street advertising. Six main episodes were released during the summer, followed by individual pieces of content and meme videos. The Porittajat campaign will remain visible in street scenes and advertisements into next year.