Swedish security service detains second person in ongoing investigation
A second individual has been detained in a Swedish Security Service (Säpo) investigation launched earlier this week, bringing the total number of arrests in the case to two, SVT Nyheter reports.
Neither prosecutors nor Säpo have disclosed details about the nature of the investigation. The first arrest took place on Tuesday in the Stockholm area, while the second occurred on Thursday evening in the same region.
“Last night, another person was detained, and these individuals are linked to the same case where we are conducting a preliminary investigation under the direction of a prosecutor,” said Gabriel Wernstedt, Säpo’s press spokesperson.
The second suspect was formally remanded into custody by a prosecutor later the same evening. Carl Mellgren, prosecutor at the National Security Unit, confirmed the detention but declined to specify the suspected offence.
“I will not comment on that,” Mellgren said.